Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dessert Cart

Quick post about a bridal shower I co-hosted yesterday. I was asked to make a cake, but I wanted to do more so I decided on a dessert bar...it turned into a dessert cart because the bride's mom thought the desserts would look nice on a cart, which they did! I ended up making cake, cookies, and brownie pops.

With cakes, I usually stick with vanilla or chocolate and a light frosting. Since this cake was going to be big and sitting out on a cart all night, I decided to use fondant. I really don't like fondant because it tastes weird, but I heard it's better when made from scratch. I looked up a youtube recipe to check out proper fondant making techniques and it turned out well.


I made simple sugar cookies. Not much else to say, but this epicurious recipe rocks!



And then there were the brownie pops. I was going to be super lazy and not provide any recipes other than hyperlinks, but I guess I'll type this one out, but I'll still do it as lethargically as possible. Basically, you take brownies (you can make them from scratch or just buy a good mix and bake it). Mash the brownies up and make little balls out of them. If the brownies aren't sticking, try adding a little bit of frosting or softened cream cheese. Then dip the brownie balls in melted chocolate, let the chocolate cool on a baking sheet, and insert lollipop/bamboo sticks in them.




These pops were the hit of the party. Make them, you'll be loved by all :)


Dessert Cart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment