Monday, March 5, 2012

Interview with Food Blogger Mona Hammad

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Mona Hammad, editor in cheif of Musings from a Stay at Home Chef. Mona and her contributing authors provide recipes for a melting pot of dishes and I am super excited to test them out. Let's get to know Mona a little better, shall we...


First of all, I love reading your blog, Musings from a Stay at Home Chef. Have you always enjoyed cooking or did something inspire you to learn?
Before I was married, I actually never cooked anything. My mom is an amazing cook, so I was always around good food, but I was never the one making it. After I got married, I started to appreciate all the delicious meals my mom used to make, so I decided to attempt to make similar dishes. I soon realized that one of the most satisfying feelings is to cook something that turns out really good. 

 

Who is your culinary icon? 
I would have to say my mom. I don't watch cooking/baking shows, nor do I follow any cooking/baking blogs religiously. I grew up in a house full of amazing food made by my mom who is not only my culinary icon, but my role model. 

What is the best part about being a food blogger? 
The best part about being a food blogger is sharing my recipes with others who love cooking as much as I do! 


When outside the kitchen, how do you spend your time? 
Outside the kitchen, I enjoy reading novels and teaching my crazy, yet lovable, students.

What is your favorite kitchen tool? 
My favorite tool is my KitchenAid. It's halved the time I spend in the kitchen and really makes cooking easier.


In one tweet (140 characters or less)- what is your culinary style? 
I like to make foods from scratch that are simple and healthy.

What meal/snack is your guilty pleasure? 
I would have to say my number one guilty pleasure is cupcakes. I love trying different types of cupcakes, especially ones that are filled in the middle. Yum!


Make sure to check out Mona's blog, here!

1 comment: